Saturday, August 17, 2024

ANNIVERSARY 2024

 

I recently celebrated my anniversary. I got a box of dark chocolate buttercreams. A small box for taking small bites. I’m still recovering from dental work.

I’m not writing about candy or how difficult it’s been for me to remember any anniversary let alone the 46th one. That number, 46, is weird and wonderful all wrapped up in the question of “How in the world did that happen?” No. My topic is math. My father-in-law had a special formula for calculating anniversaries. His method said that every one after the 25th should be counted twice. So, I get to add an additional 42 years to my 46. The grand total is 88. I haven’t looked it up yet, but I think that puts me in the platinum range for gifts.

The message on the card I bought for my husband says:

“Sometimes

they knew

what the other

was thinking

or feeling or going

to say or do. It

wasn’t magic

or hocus pocus

it was just

one of the

lovely side

effects

of a lifetime

of love.”

I don’t get any expensive jewelry, just a trip to Bouchercon Nashville 2024, a writer’s conference. That will be precious enough.


1 comment:

  1. No, I did not write the poem. The sentiment was written by someone else for Sunrise greeting cards. I bought it at my local post office. It was a great find.

    ReplyDelete