Sunday, August 18, 2024

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS

 

“TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS” is the song title of the panel I’ll be part of on the bright, sunny Sunday morning, at 8 am no less, on the last day of the Bouchercon International Writer’s Conference. I’m preparing to get myself and my Bishop Hill Mystery books noticed with the following promotions:

1.                The panel moderator wants prizes for the audience members who can name the band behind the song title. Got that covered with Book Marketing Basics: The 5 Ps by Jodie Toohey. I have a story to tell. Hint: it involves another P.

2.                I’m donating to the Silent Auction. I’ve amassed a food themed collection of Bishop Hill items to go along with my books. I have a story for that one, too. Hint: it involves pie.

3.                My husband and I will turn ourselves into walking billboards advertising my table in The Discovery Zone along with my Bishop Hill related promotion for charity donations. Yet another story. Hint: it calls for cash.

Will any of this work out? Hard to say. I will certainly have things to talk about for my panel. Which will be a huge improvement from my last Bouchercon panel appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment