Thursday, May 19, 2016

Shedding Secrets

After a week of rewrites: I’m done! I’m happy! (I’m mega relieved!)

I finished within the time limit I set. (Pretty much….)

It feels good to be finished and have it really FEEL finished. (This time.)

I’m happy with the results … more than the other times I thought I was finished. (YES!)

The thing that surprised me the most was how well the basic core, or structure, of my book held together. I changed a character, added lots of information, and generally tried to clear things up in the storyline. (Hopefully no more loose ends.)

Basically, I was getting rid of the secrets my characters were hiding from each other. (And the reader.)

Sad part: I had to cut out my biggest Easter egg. (Cute or not, I was told it was too confusing.)  

It’s not all sad … I still have the tomato shirt. (Providing its share of color.)

Bonus: I now know the difference between recreation and re-creation. (Hyphens are sometimes sooo important.)


P.S. Since I was late last week, I will be posting early this week. (Providing balance to the blog life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment